CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chair redo

Look how pretty that is.
My hubby's mom gave me this chair over 15 years ago. It was so lovely, but it looked
bad, the paint was chipped, the fabric worn. So, I saw over at Messy Mimi where she
had similar chairs and she redid them and that was all the inspiration I needed.
I forgot to take a pic with the old cushion in. But here it is.
I bought some pretty new material and being lazy and not really having any idea of how
to actually do anything properly. :) I simply put the material on the bottom, flipped it over and
staple gunned the little bugger down. Easy peasy. :)
Then I just spray painted the chair with white Krylon spray paint. (my best friend)
I love it. I think it turned out so pretty.
Tess
Who I am linking up to.
Sumos Sweet Stuff
Craftomaniac

11 comments:

  1. oooh this is kewl...
    Don't forget to join our linking party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now. It goes through the 1st. http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute redo. I can't believe you've kept that chair all these years, he he. I'm so happy you got to give it new life, and now you get to enjoy it all over again. That's fabulous!!!

    Great fabric choice too, I love the black on white.

    I'd also LOVE to invite you to check out my weekly parties. I would be so happy if you linked up, this and any other fabulous project you are working on.
    Stop by anytime to say hello!!!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. Any party planning tips, decorations, invitations, recipes welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies. I will be checking out your blogs.
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Isn't it fun to see something and think, "I can totally do that!" (And then you do!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Indeed! Love your fabric choice. Submitting your article to pinterest and stumbleupon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lines of this chair and the fabric is perfect.

    Your newest follower

    Lisa @ Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking up to Tuesday Confessional. You've been featured so grab a button and get your brag on! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/diy-rockstars-more-tuesday-confessional.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! Love how pretty and classic the chair looks in Black and white! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/07/pink-hippo-party-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great makeover on your chair! I love the fabric you chose. I'll be featuring your project at Terrific Under Ten Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete